The lovely Mommyx4boys has nominated me for the Liebster Award. Here is the link to her nomination. Thank you for choosing my blog and for supporting my work!!
A little history about the Liebster award. The Liebster is a blogger to blogger award. This means nominations are made by peers. The original Liebster nominations were made by choosing 5 bloggers whose work you admired with less than 2000 readers. The numbers have changed over the years but the idea remains the same. This is a wonderful way to promote fellow bloggers who are new to the scene and create a community around your own nominations and work. “Liebster” is translated as “dearest” in German. The origins of the award are very vague and have unfortunately been lost over the internet and time. The award itself has been around since about 2010.
The Liebster Blog Award is indeed a wonderful gesture. Many bloggers do not take part in the acceptance of awards such as these as they classify them as being “chain letters.” Others see the blog as a nod from fellow bloggers. Think of the SAG (Screen Actors Guild) Awards. Actors and fellow artists nominate one another for these awards.
The rules for this award are…
1. Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
2. Display the banner/sticker/logo on your blog.
3. Answer the questions the award giver asked.
4. List 11 facts about yourself.
5. List your nominees. Then notify them of your nomination.
My questions from Mommyx4boys:
1. If you had one wish what would it be? Well, that is a hard one! I guess if I could only wish for one thing then it would be that my children would have gotten the chance to know my father.
2. If you could change one law, what would it be and why? I don’t know about changing mine would be to create stricter laws including capital punishment for anyone that causes harm to children. I cannot abide hurting a child in any capacity.
3. What is your favorite movie? As a movie buff this is a very difficult question for me to answer! I can’t say that I have a particular favorite overall but I can name one movie that I really enjoy which is One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest starring Jack Nicholson.
4. What is your dream job? My dream job is to be an author.
5. If you could travel to a different time period, when would it be? I think I would want to travel to the Renaissance. I love the art and auras that surround that time.
6. Do you love zombies, if not why? I can’t say that I love Zombies. I think they would probably eat me if I did.
7. Who is your favorite actor/actress? My favorite actor/actress… Wow. Um I will go with Daniel Day Lewis. He is an extraordinary actor.
8. Do you now or have you ever had a nickname? I have had many nicknames over my life. Sushi, The Ice Queen, Suji, Reece, Wheezy, the Black Widow. I don’t even know how many nicknames I have had!!
9. What would you want your last meal to be? Surf and Turf because I’m fancy like that. LOL
10. What is your biggest fear? Losing one of my children. I have been through a lot but I don’t think I could handle that.
11. Do you think I’m awesome? Well, OF COURSE! HAHAHA
Facts About Myself:
1. I only rough edit my blogs once before posting because it takes me forever to find the time to actually sit down and blog.
2. I never thought I would have kids or even be a good mother when I was younger.
3. I am of Korean, Cherokee, Irish, and English descent.
4. My favorite place I have ever visited would have to be Boston, MA.
5. My blogs are based on random thoughts that pop into my head.
6. My best friend and I have been friends for over 20 years.
7. I am currently working on publishing several books that range in genre.
8. I love playing video games.
9. I rarely drink alcohol.
10. I am a night owl. This is when I get most of my blogging and writing done.
11. I began blogging Mid-April of this year and I am so very glad that I did. It has allowed me to work on my writing and also reach out to others that I would never have met otherwise.
My 5 nominations for the Liebster Award are as follows:
Thank you Mommyx4boys once again and I want to congratulate my nominees. I truly enjoy each of these blogs and I hope that my readers will give them a look as well.